PMS Cupcakes aka Quick Chocolate Cupcakes

1 comment

These cupcakes serve a purpose. I wouldn't ever say they are the best looking or the best tasting. They're fairly tasty, fairly moist (apparently this word makes most people go ugghhh) cupcakes which serve one purpose and one purpose only in this life. They assuage my craving for chocolate & sugar when I'm pms'ing. 

In a world where approximately 50% of the adult population undergo severe discomfort every month, we sure are hesitant to speak out aloud about it. Me included. You know that time when your boobs start feeling heavy, your tummy is bloated and you're just plain cranky and nothing will ever satisfy you? This is not the time for heavy lifting. You want something quick, easy, can be made even in the middle of the night and you can lick the batter clean without a hint of guilt. Welcome to my world.

These cupcakes take about 30 mins start to finish. If you want to be frosting these babies, making it while the cupcakes are in the oven would be a good idea. I'd just mix Hershey's and cream and be done with it. Except I don't even wait that long. The batter is good for me. I can have it now and maybe the cupcakes later.

While the original recipe from Food.com uses no eggs, I add one to mine cos I tried it without eggs and it just didn't feel right to me. So when I made it again I added the egg. Feels good. It's better and probably safer to eat the batter without raw eggs in it. But I'm not complaining. Really. 

And you know how I make the batter? I blitz it in the mixer. Nigella style. Punk!

Makes 6 fairly large cupcakes

Ingredients

3/4 cup - All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp - Baking Soda
1/4 cup - Cocoa
Pinch of Salt

1/4 cup - Water
1 Egg
1/2 cup - Sugar
1/4 cup - Oil
1/2 tsp  - Vinegar

Directions 

1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Dry whisk in a bowl flour, baking soda, cocoa and salt and set aside
3. In a mixer, blitz water, sugar, egg, oil, vinegar till sugar granules have dissolved
4. Add the dry ingredients and blitz till combined. It's a thick batter.
5. Pour into individual cupcake liners/containers
6. Bake for approx 15-20 mins depending on size of cupcakes.
7. Lick the batter.
8. Sleep peacefully

1 comment :

  1. Great post on "PMS Cupcakes aka Quick Chocolate Cupcakes". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- royal piping institute | chocolate courses in dubai

    ReplyDelete