Double Chocolate Pistachio Cookies

No comments


I'm in love with the green stuff. Yes, the one that actually grows on trees. But having it might make your pocket seem a lot lighter. We're talking pistachios here! Its been making an appearance in almost everything I make these days. I try and use it sparingly, but I just can't resist it.

We had a sugar monster here last week. My youngest cousin, the biggest consumer of anything sugary I have ever seen. He would have subbed his regular meals with the sweet stuff if it weren't for my folks rolling their eyes at him. His eyes literally glittered when I mentioned Chocolate Chip Cookies. The first words out were 'I want the batter' haha! My kinda kid! So we split the batter :P

I decided if he wanted chocolate chip, he'd get the good kinds... like the really good. And the really good for me comes as Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. Cookies sooo good, you literally can't stop at one. Everyone was chewing on them and wanted more. But my brain is freaky. It told me STOP! keep some of the batter aside and try it out with pistachios. FREAKY DELICIOUS is what I can say!! Try them. And please, do a better job of chopping pistachios than I did. Haha! The photo really brings out my poor knife skills.






The best part about these cookies is that they're chewy, not crumbly. So the chips or the pistachios give the crunch to these melt in your mouth cookies. I picked the recipe from Food Network. I'd played around with it a year ago and made Orange Double Chocolate cookies which were just amazing. But for now, pistachio rules!



I played around with the recipe to make it a one bowl recipe. Lucky you! :P

Ingredients

170g              Dark Chocolate chopped coarsely
2tbsp/25g      Butter (again I used Amul and skipped salt later)
3/4cup           Sugar
2tbsp             Water
2                    Eggs
1cup              All Purpose Flour
2tbsp             Cocoa Powder
1tsp               Baking Powder
1/2cup          Chopped Pistachios
                   OR
1cup              Chocolate Chips
                   OR
Who am I kidding? BOTH!


  1. Preheat the oven to 150C/300F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Keep a parchment paper spare
  2. Melt dark chocolate and butter in a bain-marie. I skipped this and did it directly in a heavy bottomed saucepan over the stove at medium-low temperature.
  3. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon/spatula till chocolate is melted and you get a smooth mix. DO NOT BURN.
  4. Whisk in sugar and water.
  5. Add eggs one at a time and whisk till you get a smooth shiny mix.
  6. On a parchment paper, dry whisk flour, cocoa and baking powder.
  7. Fold into the chocolate mix till combined.
  8. If adding chocolate chips, this is the time to fold it in to the batter.
  9. Pour batter into piping bags. I do this to get neater circles. Not that it came out that way.
  10. Pipe onto lined baking sheets giving enough space for the cookies to expand.
  11. Sprinkle chopped pistachios over piped cookie dough and lightly press it in to attach to batter.
  12. Bake for 18-20 mins. These cookies will be soft coming out of the oven. Cool completely in pan before eating.

Try it and let me know! Am I just going crazy? Or do you also get it?

No comments :

Post a Comment