Annie's Chicken Curry

1 comment

Dear All, We used to run a regular blog here a while ago. Some of these recipes are gems which I reuse repeatedly cos they are so bloody easy plus delicious. If you don't know me or know barely enough about me, know this that I bake more than I cook, regular cooking is not my forte (beyond the copious amounts of Kachimoru that I make), and can eat the same Choru (boiled red rice) and cheru payar (green moong dal) every single day as long as someone else has made it for me. But I cannot disassociate myself from the fact that I like good food. When I make something, it better taste good. I also don't have ninja chopping skills. So when I say this curry comes together in 20 minutes, I think that's easy enough to believe.

I got this recipe from my aunt Annie, after having it at her place one day and totally falling in love with it. Hence Annie's chicken curry. The rest of the fab cooks in the family call it biryani chicken. But this is not biryani chicken to me cos my biryani is quite different. That's another story for another day though. Without further preamble, here's the recipe.

Ingredients

Chicken Breast               - 1/2 kg cubed
Oil (Coconut/Refined)   - 2 tbsp
Onion                             - 1/2 kg chopped
Garlic                             - 5 cloves finely chopped
Green Chillies                - 7 finely chopped
Ginger                            - 1 piece finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime

Coriander Leaves           - 1 bunch or even few stems more
Coconut                          - 1 tbsp
Curd                               - 1 tbsp
Cashews or Almonds     - 6
Grind these ingredients together

Method

Heat oil in a pan
Saute onions till translucent
Add the chillies, garlic, ginger and saute till the raw smell goes off.
Add chicken, salt to season, cover and cook in the chicken's own juices
Once the chicken is cooked, add the crushed coriander mix and gently bring to simmer. Don't overcook or the curry will lose its colour.
Add lime juice to taste

1 comment :

  1. Lucky Club - LuckyClub.live
    Get a 50% bonus on your first deposit of up to ₦300. Play at Lucky Club for free luckyclub with the best promotions and offers at Lucky Club.

    ReplyDelete