Strawberry Chocolate Bread Pudding

No comments

Some days, some weeks, some months, you space out. You worry about your place in life, in this world, in this universe. Nothing seems to make much sense for a while. A little chocolate, a few berries, toasty bread soaked in a custard base seems to just hit the spot for those moments of just forgetting everything. Forget the extra inches, the jiggle that never lets go, the jeans that's become a tad too stretchy. Embrace the butter, the sugar, the egg and just let go.





I called in my handsome fellows to dress up my tree. The added benefit of the awesome twosomes besides being just adorable is they come with my lovely sister in law. Together we messed up a tree, finished off the pudding, talked for hours, tried clothes, had lunch, went shopping and now I'm back home satisfied for a day well spent.



The recipe is as simple as they come. I used a bun I had at hand. Slices of bread would do well in place. I also had a baking dish which fit a single bun exactly. I would advice toasting the bun buttered side to get a slight crunch to the dish. Also soak it in the custard base for a while before baking. You could use Nutella. I find Nutella on the sweeter side, so made my own bittersweet melt.

Ingredients

1 bun sliced, buttered liberally and toasted till crisp
2 heaped spoons of Nutella/ your favourite chocolate\
8 strawberries sliced
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp sugar + 1/2 tspextra for sprinkling
1/8 cup pistachios chopped

Preheat oven to 200C. Use a 6" shallow baking dish
Spread chocolate on both slices of bun
Sandwich about 4 strawberries sliced between the bun slices
Place in baking dish. Top with leftover strawberries.
Whisk milk, egg, cinnamon and sugar.
Pour over bun and let it soak for 5 mins
Sprinkle pistachios and sugar on top.
Bake in oven for 30 mins
Let cool and dig in 


No comments :

Post a Comment