Fluffy Fluffy Pancakes

No comments


I'm glad I started this blog. Atleast it gives me a space to save all the recipes I really like. For years I've bookmarked recipes on whichever machine I use and then lose it when I change machines. I always thought it too troublesome to maintain a diary/blog. But it looks like I've changed my mind.


I love pancakes. I can have them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, whenever and the fluffier it is, the better. This is one of the best I found online at allrecipes. I think the combination of buttermilk, baking powder and baking soda does the trick.

Ingredients

3/4cup      Milk
2tbsp        white vinegar
1               egg
2tbsp        melted butter
1cup         flour
2tbsp        sugar
1/2tsp       salt
1tsp          baking powder
1/2tsp       baking soda

  1. Add vinegar to milk and set aside to curdle - 5 mins
  2. Dry whisk flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
  3. Whisk egg and butter into the curdled milk.
  4. Stir in dry ingredients till just incorporated and you get a uniform consistency.
  5. Warm a frying pan. Set on medium-low flame.
  6. Pour batter in 1/4 cup at a time. Cook till bubbles appear on surface. Flip with spatula and cook till brown on the other side.
Top with whipped cream, fruits, honey. Anything goes. Last time we had it with Spiced Plums which was really awesome. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment