Poached Pears & Bleu Cheese on Toast

No comments
#BadGirlBreakfasts Part 1 - Poached Pears & Bleu Cheese on Toast


Remember one day I woke up and said I'm going to have a breakfast project on Facebook? I actually did go through it. It just took some time to work out things just the way I wanted.

I wish, I wish, I wish I could say this is really complicated. But the only point I wanted to make was Toast is not just Toast when you make a little extra effort. Ask me. I've almost never bothered to have breakfast before heading to work. Always was the hungriest by lunchtime and lasted on endless cups of coffee and biscuits.


Now I have breakfast from home. My current meal plan which I think works sufficiently enough for me to call it healthy says don't have too many late dinners. So I try and finish my last meal of the day before 8 unless I'm going out or when I'm pmsing. Which kind of covers all days of the month, BUT, it does give me an excuse to actually dawdle over my coffee and toast before heading to work.

This series is not complicated. Its not meant to be. But it could be that little tiny extra which makes it feel like a gourmet breakfast than just buttered toast. Don't mistake me, I love buttered toast. There is no bigger advocate of buttered toast than I. But the extra, the extra does make a splash.

I had a post on how to poach pears. That one is quite essential for this breakfast. Well, no offence, the header does say poached pears. Check How to make Poached Pears here.

All that's required is,

Buttered Toast
Slices of Poached Pears
Toasted Walnuts
Dab of Bleu Cheese (unless you like it stronger)
Poaching Syrup


Toast walnuts in a frying pan over medium high heat till it turns crunchy.
Arrange pear slices on toast.
Dab a little bleu cheese.
Add the walnuts.
Drizzle some syrup over it all to bind it together.

I loved it! The sweet, the salty, the tangy, the fruity, the nutty, the buttery toast. It was an exceptional breakfast. Perhaps not everyday, but definitely every other day.


No comments :

Post a Comment